Friday, July 19, 2013

art party: paint chip banners

My oldest one is turning 5 years old at the end of the month and we are having an art party. Preparations have been going on for a while now, and I plan on posting the projects as we complete them and/or after the party. A few of the decorations have already gone up around the house, since it can be a long process and last-minute decorating isn't my thing. Here are the small paint chip banners we made.


Materials Needed:
Paint sample cards
Large paper punch
String
Clear tape

The most important step is to gather lots of paint sample cards from home improvement stores. We have been grabbing a handful every time we go to Lowes or Wal-Mart, and the kids love picking out a variety of fun colors. We used a large circle paper punch and were able to get two circles out of most of the paint cards. After we had a giant stack of circles, I measured out different lengths of string and taped circles to each one. I connected three strings of circles together before taping them up on all of the interior doors. I hung the banners high enough on the doors that the kids can't reach them, and reinforced them with enough tape that they won't be coming down without lots of work. I am glad to have a small part of the party planning completed, even if it is the easiest step!

No comments:

Post a Comment